Cereal bars are the best for your breakfast! Now you can make them on your own, with products of Wise Greece that will fill you up energy and offer satisfaction!
Do not forget that with every Wise Greece product you use in your daily life, you help us ensure a meal for our citizens in poverty.
2 cups of cornflakes (160g).
1/4 cup unsalted cow butter (60 g.)
3 kg tablespoon Bee Good honey with hazelnut paste (60 g)
1/4 cup brown sugar (60 gr)
Mix 1/4 cup dried fruit (black raisins by Princess Raisin, cranberries, Goji berries by Biodinami)
1/4 cup roasted almonds
1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven on 180 degrees (in the air mode). In a pan for cookies, spread the nuts and roast them for a few minutes. You will understand that they are ready once they get a golden color. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool down for 5-10 minutes. Then, throw them in a food multi mixer and stir them for couple of seconds. Be careful not to become dust, because we want them coarsely chopped.
2. In a deep bowl mix the cereals, the nuts and the dried fruit lightly with a spoon. Now you can begin to prepare the syrup.
3. Place a small metal pan over in low heat and add the butter, the sugar and Bee Good. Stir until sugar is completely melted and form a rich syrup. Remove from heat and let cool down for 5 minutes.
4. After a while, pour the cereal and mix well with a spatula or better with your hand wearing a glove, so as to cover the mixture of syrup.
5. Put the mixture to a baking pan and push strongly using your palm and your fingers so as to come up a uniform and compact surface. Particularly emphasize on the corners. Cover with a sheet of film and place in refrigerator to stabilize for 2-3 hours. When it’s ready, cut it in sticks with a sharp knife or even better with the bread knife.
Wise Greece products we used:
* You can substitute dried fruit of your choice (such as prunes, apricots, blackberry etc.)
* Preferred good quality butter, if you use margarine change the final result completely.
* If you don’t have hoop, you can replace it with a square baking pan with the same dimensions.
* Store the bars in the refrigerator in a Tupperware or metal pan and they can be kept for about 15 days.
This wonderful recipe was created by our friend and food blogger Ariadne Pylarinou for a good cause. Check out her blog for more recipes!